A common problem on Oyster 435s (apparently) is leaking chain plates. We left Yat Lift to look at this and upon our return they had recaulked the fittings.
Meanwhile we took to looking at the rigging ourselves. With a little help from Mark and a useful guide on rigging a boat we tightened the stays using a couple of adjustable spanners. It wasn’t until we checked the forward stays that we realised both the genoa and the stay sail could also do with a bit of tightening. Closer examination showed that these had been screwed as tightly as possible and were still showing some flex, so we’re awaiting some feedback from the Hood Sails dealer in Marmaris.
An over-complicated mainsheet configuration was also replaced. The original three blocks at the base of the mainsheet prevented free travel of the mainsheet and they constantly knocked each other. They would have eventually battered each other to bits! We purchased the necessary blocks from the London Boatshow at a bargain price, and these were one of the first things we replaced upon our return.
Thank you.Everything we do we do for free, but if you would like to help us out, please consider...
Sharing The LoveUse the share buttons, below, to spread the word
Share this Post