This week’s video clip is a cracking one. The younger crew from s/y Totem spend a week project managing Esper’s refit, discuss life in the boatyard and adopt, albeit temporarily, three lost kittens.
The swimming platform is pushed through the transom and into custom-made brackets, counterpoising it. We clean up the Aquadrive and coupling system and take a look at the veneer that’s been varnished with polyurethane.
In this week’s refit video we show you how we bedded down our genoa track with butyl tape. No Sikaflex, no 3M, no polyurethane adhesive, just tape. Also I get to hang out with the locals, now that I’m fully entrenched in my new abode.
It’s a short one this week since it was Eid and our workers took most of the week off. All except Nut, that is. He’s made real progress with the mains/charging circuit.
Dang the varnisher’s back, as are the electricians. The sparkies have finally installed the LED dimmer switch and it looks good. Dang is preparing the boat for its last coat of varnishing whilst I remove the old stuffing box in preparation for the new PSS Dripless Seal.
Lots of fiddly jobs this week. That’s what the project is coming down to now, a collection of odd jobs, all interconnected in some way, and typically all held up by the late arrival of a vital material. This week we also play with butyl tape.