It was one of those weeks where progress seems to be accelerating. The decks have been fared and when we left Esper on Saturday lunchtime, she was being masked off for some priming. Meanwhile the carpenters have completed the heads doors, which means we now have one purple door and one green one. They look fantastic!
The paint has yet to be delivered but that’s not stopping the painters from getting the deck ready. The saloon now has a teak floor and the carpenters continue to veneer the interior. The big news this week, however, was the launch of Thea after two years in the boatyard.
We’re into week 12 and things are starting to take shape. For the first time I walked into the saloon and got a glimpse of what it’s all going to look like. The deck fittings and the engine look like new, whilst the teak floor in the saloon looks fantastic. We ended the week with a little farewell party.
Whilst the local people celebrated Songkran we took a short break in Ko Lanta where we answered some of your questions.
It was all about the painters this week as they raced against the ensuing storms to spray the first couple of layers of Awlgrip 545 primer. The painters weren’t the only ones getting messy, Mey managed to paint most of her face as she tackled the various deck lockers.
This week we get to play with a new toy whilst the painters cover the topsides with a high build paint. Frustratingly we discover a rather unpleasant hole in the deck but at least the galley’s now covered in tomato and aluminium.